To return your Seiko Instruments USA Inc. product for repair, we do not require a Return Authorization Number (RMA) prior to shipping of the product to our facility. However, you may wish to contact our Technical Support at 1-800-757-1011 prior to sending your product, as they may be able to make suggestions which will eliminate the need for repair. If you should need to return the product for repair, then please return the product to one of the addresses below. Be sure to include a copy of your purchase receipt for warranty repairs, or a payment for out of warranty repair. For your own protection, be certain you ship the product by UPS, Federal Express or other traceable method and insure the product for the replacement value in case the product is lost. Products lost in transit to the Seiko Instruments USA Inc. repair facility, and Freight costs to the Repair center are the responsibility of the customer. Seiko Instruments USA Inc. will pay the shipping cost to return the product back to your location unless your repair is consider “Out of Warranty”. Your repaired Seiko Instruments USA Inc. product will be repaired within 5-7 days (M-F) of receipt at the Seiko Instruments USA Inc. Repair Center.
Please include with your product the following information:
- Contact Information: Name, Phone #, email.
- Your return address.
- Proof of Purchase (to show the product is under warranty) for warranty repair OR Payment for out of warranty repair.
- Power Adapter and USB / Serial Cable
- Sample of labels used.
- Detailed explanation stating the issue with the SLP Printer
Limited Warranty on Hardware
Seiko Instruments USA Inc. warrants 600 series Smart Label Printers against defects in materials and workmanship for the specified period from the date of original retail purchase (proof of purchase required). This limited hardware warranty covers defects in materials and workmanship in you Smart Label Printer provided that the hardware remains unmodified and is operated under normal and proper conditions and in accordance with Seiko Instruments USA specifications.
SLP 620/650/650SE: 3 years
If Seiko Instruments USA Inc. receives notice of such defects during the warranty period, Seiko Instruments USA Inc. will either, at its option, repair or replace products which prove to be defective.
Please Note: Items returned under warranty that are found to be “defect free” will be subject to a Fee. Customer will also be responsible for shipping charges listed in the section below.
Out of Warranty Repair Charges
Seiko Instruments will issue a quote for repair and any other charges that apply.
- Customer is responsible for “accepting” or “denying” the quote.
- If quote is accepted by the customer, credit card information will be required prior to repair being started.
- Repairs can cost $50.00 or more depending on parts needed.
- Repairs done in Canada can be more expensive and have additional costs associated.
- Label removals are not considered under warranty. A $10.00 fee will apply for label removal.
All Out of Warranty repairs will be charged a shipping fee:
- Ground: $7.00
- 2 Day: $14.00
- Next Day: $27.00
Repair Center Addresses
Seiko Instruments USA
ATTN: BHD REPAIR
21221 S. Western Avenue, Suite 250
Torrance, CA 90501
Tel: (800) 358-0880
JL Computer Services
8 Huntsmill Blvd.
Tel: (416) 806-8868